View Single Post
Old 25 July 2017, 01:35 PM   #73
KarlS
Banned

There is another thread where we are having a bit of "mine is bigger than yours" and sometimes we forget that some of us are fortunate to spend vast amounts of money on something as fickle as a watch. The average, hard working guy can only dream of the opportunity just to hold one, never mind own one and for that we need to be greatful.

Many watch makers do believe their own hype. I personally don't believe Kari is one of them. I am an average Joe to Kari...I didn't buy a repeater...I bought his base model watch along with 200 othere people over the last 10 years.

However, we have some unfinished business we are working on.

I am flying into London next Thursday and land at 7:15 am.

I have a very important lunch with another TRFer (Russell) so I can't be late.

To save ME time, KV will meet me at Heathrow at 8:15 that morning. That means he must take the 7.25 from Geneva getting to the airport at 5.25 having driven from Motier for 2.5 hours.

He will then return at 11.35

We repeat the entire cycle on the Saturday when I leave London from Heathrown and meet him prior to my flight, again at Heathrow at 18:15.

I never asked him to do that. In fact I offered to fly to Geneva and meet him there this Friday but he is in Milan. He wanted to do it this way...To top it all - he is on 3 weeks leave over this period!!

Sometimes in life its just nice getting great service from somebody who doesnt think he is so important that I have to see him in his atelier - but will actually come to the guy who has the chequebook!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote