View Single Post
Old 26 January 2023, 06:14 AM   #30
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuture View Post
I owned a '20 Mustang GT (coupe, 6spd) for a little over 2 years. It's a fun car - no doubt about it. The convertible will obviously drive a little differently given the roof, but largely the same.

I think it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. Mine was not only a daily driver, but our only car. For that, it was too small, annoying in traffic, and started to come up with a few annoying creaks/rattles around the 20k mark. Admittedly, I could've tracked those down, but I never found the time before I sold it. That being said, it was a hell of a lot of fun when the roads opened up a bit, and I'd absolutely own one again. Such is the allure of a big V8 and a manual.

From a technical standpoint, I wasn't thrilled with the MT82 manual trans. It wasn't bad per se, but it clunks more than you'd expect and wasn't always easy to live with. From what I've heard, the Tremec 'boxes in the upper level Mach 1 / GT350 / Bullitt cars were much, much better, but not available in the 'vert.

I'd test drive one and see what you think, but you may be better off waiting to see what the '24s look like. I'm certainly going to be considering one when we need a second car in the next year or two.

If you're definitely going used, stick to post 2018s. These are the post-facelift cars with the updated Coyote engine and a few extra features.
Good information, thanks. Yeah I'm really shooting for 2019 or newer if at all possible. I work from home and the wife has the "family vehicle" so this one will be more of a part-time vehicle anyway. The 24's look sharp but I'd prefer used. If I can't find what I want that may be the way I'm forced to go.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote