Old 9 January 2017, 12:54 AM   #14
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Thanks for listening All,

Thanks as well Ruud & Cru.

As mentioned, my fiend seems relatively passive on this issue. Not sure why as his other nice watch is an old Planet Ocean. He deliberated for a year before this purchase but seems less willing to "fight" although he has called Panerai Cust Svc directly and asked to speak with the manager. Will let you know what I hear.

We do not have a boutique near us...

I didn't want to slam Panerai - but of course I just have. [emoji849] I love the brand - and my watch!

I just don't see (too) much room for misinterpretation...but clearly an AD who did not make the sale does not have a ton of motivation...However, I do KNOW they'd probably rather not see my friend return!

Again, the first time the watch came back to the AD, they sent it back as the problem still existed. The second time, it looked ok for a bit if I am not mistaken...before going off again. 3rd round, my Friend was told it had to go overseas. He doesn't know where the watch is now.

In my view though...at this stage, even if Panerai wanted to do the "replacement" work...couldn't they get this done in < 16 weeks given the months this whole ordeal has gone on?
I showed this thread and the original to my guy at OP Singapore.

He basically said that it ought to be a simple re-alignment of the hands. However, the hands might need to be replaced as they are known to be delicate.
He also said it could be an issue with the gears.

He's going to show the thread to their watchmaker tomorrow and get his take on it. As a mild warning, he likened it to going to the doctor; 'it's ok explaining the symptoms over the phone, but the doctor really needs to see the patient'.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote