View Single Post
Old 4 November 2019, 07:16 PM   #9
ASW1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Depends on what else is in your collection.... I really like both brands, but would find it hard to move a Sub for a 112 if the collection otherwise is limited. Maybe for a 233? Even then, I would want both....
The point re 233 is well made. I was a Rolex fanboy until I got a 233, after which my Rolexes just languished in the safe and over the past 18 months I've sold them all (including three Subs, a few Explorers and a SD) as all I wear now are Panerai and the Rolex money has gone into property, pension and awaiting a grail Panerai.

The Sub is a great watch and at list good value, but they're so widely recognised, relatively common and so in demand that I just can't be arsed with them anymore. I treat my WISdom as a quirky hobby and wearing something that anyone with a bit of cash has/wants takes some of the fun from the ownership and with current used prices and lack of supply I've seen it as a good time to walk away.

Having had my rant, I would recommend that if the OP can keep the Sub for now and try a Panerai (or 2) then do so. I whole heartedly recommend the PAM233 as a first/only Panerai https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Cheers.
ASW1 is offline   Reply With Quote