View Single Post
Old 20 February 2018, 05:43 AM   #38
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
There really hasn't been a typical place. There have been the few places that handled the pens as retail, John Mottishaw and Bryant Greer and Iguana Sell and Sakura Fountain Pens and a few private individuals that had direct connections with Danitrio and so always had some great examples to sell. But only a few of my fountains pens (and it's true pretty much across the board) came through the direct retail channel. Most came from another lover of fine fountain pens or some of the older retail channels that have now disappeared. A few were ordered directly from the maker.

Remember though, what is here now is an accumulation over many decades and just one or two pens a year.

Today Bryant Greer is a definite enabler when it comes to Danitrio and his Consignment Pens often have jewels (there is a Platinum Izumo there right now at a price I haven't seen in many years).
Thank you Jim! There are a couple of sources there I have not heard of. But Bryant is a definite "problem" for me! A great guy!

Thanks again!

Richard
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote