View Single Post
Old 12 August 2017, 10:10 AM   #1
ILikeTacos
Banned

First Patek - grey a good option?

Hello all, long time lurker but recently became a member. Ever since I saw the 5524 online a couple years ago, I was really drawn to the watch. Patek has never really appealed to me (mostly Rolex guy) but something about the size and case shape and design of this model just really struck me. A few weeks ago, I was able to handle and try one on with a colleague who received his (has a handful of Patek and still waited over 3 years to get it).

Decided that I'm ready to buy it and called just about every US AD - only to be told that they have long waiting lists and would take a couple years at the minimum but would still be bumped if an existing client wanted it first. Have realized that grey dealer is probably the only way to get it relatively soon. I reached out to a couple TS on here and they are asking 55/56 for the piece (think it retails at 47). I've come to terms with having to pay a premium to get it soon but is that the right price to be buying? I'm not so much worried about resale as much as overpaying for a limited piece from a brand whose market I don't know well.

Would appreciate any advice and if anyone has any suggestions on the possibility of buying it from an AD.
ILikeTacos is offline   Reply With Quote