View Single Post
Old 30 June 2009, 11:24 AM   #2
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

Icon4 Update! Rolex GTG in Carmel

Each year I help promote a watch Get Together in San Francisco. This year the event will be held in Carmel California.

When: August 7th, 5:00PM
Where: Carmel, California

This is truly going to be a historic event as there will be rarely seen in public Rolex watches such as the original 1960 Deep Sea Special. Unlike the watch shown above in Hannes' photo (used with permission), the actual watch that was strapped to the Trieste Bathyscaphe that descended into the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean to a record depth of 35,810, known as the deepest point on Earth will be shown at this event. This GTG will also have four of the most coveted Rolex dive watches in history, including Jacques Verpeaux’s JANUS IV COMEX SEA-DWELLER as well as Single Red Sea Dweller and a Patent Pending 1665 Double Red.

All are welcomed to a great time to discuss watches, as well as see some rarely seen Rolex watches. There is always great discussion and commentary as well as a great dinner. This event is limited to 40 people included spouses. Plenty of information to share. PM me at sheldonsmith for details and reg info... (My wife thinks I am planning my own little watch Rave...well maybe... )

-Sheldon