View Single Post
Old 20 September 2013, 01:09 AM   #64
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel33 View Post
Are you for real???

Rolex watches have had nicknames for ages in the Rolex collectors' community.

Do I have to remind you the "Steve-mc Queen", the "Paul-Newman", the "Freccione", the "Jean Claude Killy", the Fat-Lady", the "Pepsi", "Coke", the "James-Bond", the "Pussy-Gallore", the "Pan Am", the "Red Sub", the "Double-red Seadweller", the "Bart Simpson", the "Big-Crown", the "Bombay", the "Egyptian" and so on.....

The newest nicknames, Kermit, Hulk, Batman are just a friendly wink to this long time custom among high end Rolex Collectors.

you may of course dislike these nicknames but I suggest you do your homework and study the long time habits and customs of the serious Rolex collectors before you start talking nonsense comparing Patek with Rolex and blaming Rolex owners to be immature....

Thus you will show some respect to the brand's history.

TRF is THE real world for a Rolex WIS and I agree it looks a bit different than your gloomy "real world" where ADs are Gurus.

This brand is great, but I hope talibans will allow us to enjoy our watches.
By the way nicknames are ONLY known to WIS, if you go up to someone on the street and say nice hulk, pepsi and in this case batman, you will probably get a blank stare and the same at an AD.

As for respect for the brand I had more watches then you can count and therefore I can appreciate the brand and the history behind them all and I have had both Pateks and Rolex watches in my collection.

Calling the correct watch Paul Newman, I have no issues with that, however, ignorant people calling todays YG daytona as Paul Newman, that is misleading to any potential buyer, that I have an issue with..
If the names (nicknames) are used correctly for the correct vintage models I repeat I have no issue with that.

johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote