View Single Post
Old 22 July 2021, 11:17 PM   #107
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Will try to color in within the lines to not get this thread closed.

I lived around US, extensively travelled around the world, and called Cali my home for the most part of my life. We moved to South East for a variety of reasons, but I know that I will move back.

What many people don't realize is that every place has problems. Cali is a favorite punchbag of many political pundits, so there is a certain amount of overexposure. But I dare you to find a perfect place in the US (or the world) and do it objectively.

Those who say that housing is cheaper outside CA, ought to understand that there is a reason for that. Housing prices tend to go up in economic centers. That's just how it is. You also have to ask yourself how much of a house do you need. I do not buy the housing argument alone because it is just one piece of the equation that goes into my quality of life.

Speaking of which, quality of life is what you make it. Good weather, good food, ability to do watersports and go to the mountains with ease -- these are the things I value and there are only a few places in the world where I can get them. Cali's probably the most affordable out of all of those places. So here I come.