View Single Post
Old 22 July 2021, 11:35 PM   #108
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
California is a victim of its own success.

Decades of promotion through, early Holywood, the Mamas & Papas and the Beach Boys etc, the modern Holywood/California love fest in movies such as Bottle Shock, Cluless, etc, etc, etc.

You should have kept it a secret, guys!

We have lunatics making TV programmes entitled "my favourite, secret place"
broadcast, on National TV.....WHAT!!!!!!

So, California enjoy what you have, for its the last time you'll look like today.
Funny you mentioned the Beach Boys.

I remember freezing my a$$ off in Alberta Canada when I was in my teens and hearing the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean, and watching surfer movies with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello and thinking what the hell am I doing here.

Took me a while but by the 80s I was living beside the beach and while riding my bike along the bike path beside the ocean on Christmas Day at 80 degrees, I said, I ain't never going back to the snow.

LA is a very transient place. Almost nobody is from here. They all came from somewhere else. Some stay and some become disillusioned and leave. Nobody in my circle of friends was from California. My future wife was from Wisconsin. My best friend was from North Carolina and wanted to be an actor. But the place is a state of mind. You can't capture it, you only participate in it. Some people it eats them alive and some people thrive. Some just leave.