View Single Post
Old 25 July 2021, 03:26 PM   #45
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15500, Santos
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuzzi8 View Post
Love seeing the back and forth on the black vs. gray! I found myself in the middle of these two today.

I had been on the waitlist for 18 months and finally got the call this weekend. I was in total shock! My preference was gray first, black second. The black was what I got the call for. I truly had my heart set on gray thinking it would be easier to wear with any color but wasn't sure if I can pass on the opportunity in front of me. I went to the boutique thinking I was going to hold strong and wait for the gray. I walked out with the black an hour later.

My take is this... no photos do any of these watches justice, plain and simple. They are all stunning and IF you can get one I don't think it's something you can pass on. I was taken back by how much better the black looks in person. Depending on the lighting the "Grande Tapisserie" pattern gives the dial a different color/effect. There were moments where the black dial looked gray. I think the black is bolder and gives the dial more depth. While the gray is stunning but as mentioned a bit more monochromatic. You can't go wrong with either. I hope you all get the same call I did! Best of luck, be patient.

Here's a pic...
This is such an accurate post. As my 5 year old learned in preschool…”you get what you get and you don’t get upset.” Nothing is more true than with the 15500 dials. They’re all gorgeous and I think we all just happen to prefer the one we ended up with.
Jgives is offline   Reply With Quote