View Single Post
Old 28 January 2024, 04:20 AM   #41
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl123 View Post
If you delicately rein-act the position you think the SA placed the watch down see if any part of bracelet touches that exact spot on case back and that could be your answer.
Yes, and in that position, the buckle comes into contact with the case back at that location. I too am perplexed that this would have caused this. So not sure if it’s a coincidence or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post
I was curious. Though I don't have the same model as the OP, I have a few with bracelets. It does seem to line up with a portion of the bracelet edge and clasp.

Two of mine are 10+ years old and neither of them have that kind of mark. I have a few minor chips along the polished and brushed edge of the case back and I'm in the habit of setting them down with little regard to how they contact the case back.

Obviously, it got there somehow. I would think with the care the OP takes to avoid scratches; that one he would have remembered, if he had done it himself.
Yes, this is exactly it. But surprised that her simply laying it down would cause this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
That rub mark isn't from just resting on the buckle. It leaves straight stripes in my experience.

I'd let this go for sure. [emoji106] it's really not important and case backs aren't expensive anyway.
Yeah, The mark is exactly where the clasp comes into contact with the case back, but I am surprised by the marking itself