View Single Post
Old 14 December 2018, 03:04 AM   #1
yoda888
"TRF" Member

Ultraman thoughts...

First off, I'm a sucker for orange accents on a watch. I however am not social media savvy and found out it much too late (even if I was, it was announced I think at 2 or 3am my local time!). I didn't think much about the watch since I missed the initial offer for the watch. I figured the secondary market would be nuts for this watch.

Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks ago when I got an email from a "trusted seller" indicating they had an ultraman for around $8300. That got me curious and I went online to explore how much folks are selling them from. It ranges from the "but it now" price of $12k on down to $8k'ish.

Considering it retailed for $7100 plus tax, $8k is very reasonable.

Why is the secondary market so weak on this watch? I thought it would be much stronger. Did everyone buy them to flip and there are simply too many flippers currently?

I'm actually not a big fan of Omega and their 50million versions of the same watch (including special editions). To me it takes away from the brand (some people love this). I mean you literally walk into a store and all the speedys look similar yet slightly different.

Anyhow, now I'm seriously considering picking one up at slightly above retail/tax. I figure in the long run the watch should not lose any value (I don't look at it as an appreciating asset, but I don't want to take a bath on it either!) I said I was done with watches once my daytona ever gets here, but the ultraman has caught my fancy!

Any thoughts on why the demand isn't as high? I mean the snoopy and tintin watches seem to have gone crazy. I'm not a fan of either one of those, a bit cheesy to me (again, my opinion only -- I know lots of folks like them).
yoda888 is offline   Reply With Quote