Thread: Paypal fees
View Single Post
Old 23 September 2019, 11:12 PM   #16
JohnnyMack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DeepSea Blue
Do not use Paypal...Ever!!

I sold a Rolex (full packaged..Watch, Box, Warranty Card, etc.) legitimately thru PayPal. Listed properly, and explicitly documented its condition, to include any extra pictures the buyer wanted (about 10). I clearly stated that all sales were final. The buyer appeared legit and was fairly local. It took about a week for the buyer to completed the sale's transaction, along with a whole bunch of excuses of why funds were not transferred promptly.

However, once he submitted his funds in full thru Paypal, I then shipped the watch via FedEx with tracking and insurance. The buyer did receive the watch (with proof), but then wanted $600 of refunds to polish the watch. I told him no. He then wanted to return the watch, I told him again all sales were final now that he had the warranty card, serial

Within about 1 day of delivery, (because I am not new to Paypal), the funds were released from holding. Getting a suspicion that this was a fraud case about to happen, I quickly liquidated the account by transferring all funds from Paypal, including those from the recent Sale of the watch.

About two days later, the Buyer called his Credit Card company, and stated that the "product was not as described" to reverse the funds. Paypal immediately will comply to the Credit Card company's request to reverse funds, w/o any investigation. They will not even hold funds until proof of return. Even though they say they will, Paypal does not do anything for the Sellers, except hand over the first rebuttal document you submit to them.

Paypal immediately dismisses themselves from the situation, stating it is between you and the Buyer, for claims of "not as described" and requires no proof of return!
I politely requested Buyer numerous times to return the watch, and now have opened a fraud case with local PD, to at least try to get the watch returned. Bottom line is I have the cash only because something did not feel right, to action to liquidate the Paypal account immediately, but also have all the documents to show that Paypal did not handle the transaction properly.

Will never ever use Paypal again for any transaction.

So the biggest scam going, is to purchase something via Paypal, and claim something is "not as described." Paypal will immediately comply to not piss off the buyer and reverse funds immediately.

BTW...you may also get a fraudulent emails from with Paypal letterheads/logos, that appear legit that state that funds have been transferred and for you to ship the product. The emails contain "Help Numbers" for you to call that appear to Paypal agents. It is all fraudulent activity. So in my experience with Paypal, and my learnings going forward, it is cash-in-hand.