Thread: AP Closing ADs?
View Single Post
Old 2 October 2017, 07:46 AM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Guy at Marcus said no boutique planned, and there are spaces available on Bond st. He was saying there was not much point as they don't get enough walk in sales any more, but still think they should have a presence in a major city. If they are going to have these lounges then they better offer top quality service and not throw a mini fit when you ask for a cap or something like.
i can't imagine a boutique wouldn't do well in london. Minus Rolex and Patek, it seems AP's are the next brand as far as scarcity of popular references. Non mainstream models are long waits as well, my 15407 wait has been estimated in years, not months. Thats not from an AD either, thats AP directly who I'm buying from

I routinely do AD hopping in central london and none have a ton of stock but add them all together and you almost get a fully stocked boutique

If the "lounges" get stocked like a boutique then I'm happy. I am curious to see what the difference is.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote