View Single Post
Old 12 March 2018, 01:50 AM   #17
horophile1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Exp II (G)
Indeed! I love it too! Unfortunately, no other Rolex to alternate with, but I don't consider that a "problem"! I do have a Tudor Oysterdate that I do wear from time to time. Yes, I got mine used but in great shape (got it for an excellent price, compared to what I`ve seen it going for at most retail sites) (this model was only made for a couple of years before the relaunch of the 116000 OP series a few years ago, which now offers multiple case sizes and dial colors--anything of this model/type would be new old stock). The only thing I've noticed over time is that the crystal does not have the LEC (laser-etched crown); I am now convinced (as the watch is an M-series, now 10 years old) that the original crystal was changed out for an old-stock Rolex/generic sapphire. For what reason, who knows? My guess is that it was damaged by the previous owner. In 10 years, no doubt the watch was serviced at least once, esp. if it's running at its current rate -- see below. Also, I recently discovered that the crystal edge doesn't have the typically rounded, refined finish as most (modern) Rolex apparently have. This is OK for me now, as I learned that the crystal is the lowest priority item for determining watch authenticity; so many crystals over many models and years can be changed out, with different variations. I will probably get a better crystal whenever the watch needs servicing (it is running, since November with my WatchCheck app, at an amazing +0.1 to +0.2 s per day average!). I am hoping to post a separate item about this today! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsilva View Post
I have this exact watch, bought a few months back. Paid full retail, against Paul Pluters advice. I alternate every month between my Sub/date. Love this watch
horophile1 is offline   Reply With Quote