View Single Post
Old 17 April 2023, 08:41 AM   #6
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTaxLaw View Post
I have 2 GS watches that are new enough to not need servicing. I remember the dealer saying that NJ was indeed the US service center and that those services are limited. For example, no zaratsu polishing is done there. I think you’ll eventually have to look to Japan for service on most of these watches.
It's one of the considerations I took on board when I purchased my first GS here in OZ.
The movement service is only performed in Japan which is fine by me and I hope their service work is as good as their manufacture. To my way of thinking, having all work performed at the mothership is somewhat comforting.
Zaratsu polishing is indeed only performed in Japan, although i understand that a sympathetic freshen up of the polishing is possible in the US service center along with movement servicing

Back on topic.
It seems the OP has no other option but to pay up regardless and if the watch could do with a Zaratsu polish then I would personally not hesitate to go with the Japanese connection and be done with it.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote