View Single Post
Old 5 January 2010, 03:15 PM   #106
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therolexguy View Post
Glad it worked out. Now, what are you lookin' to get NEXT!
I don't know.... any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
Pav: I'm curious, if you can tell us without violating any 'deals' you might have made, what did the dealer tell you about that dial? did he maintain it is a rolex dial or not?
did he say why he did not disclose to you? I am not asking for his/its name, address, etc.
just very interested in his/her response to your request to return and obtain a refund.

Your next watch should be a vintage Patek Phillipe, btw.
Dan,

I called the seller this weekend when it became clear it was a 'Texas' dial to make an appointment to come today. When I arrived today he was very pleasant and I asked to speak in private (in case a problem arose.... ).

I explained to him that I was not there to authenticate the dial or to really even discuss whether it was authentic or not. I told him that I posted this watch on VRF for the vintage Rolex experts to evaluate and the unanimous voice was . And now I wanted a 'no questions asked' refund. His response was ok to the refund and that he will have his watchmaker take the dial off to be examined closely. What he does with it now is up to him. I am out of the picture.

Now what to get next .... vintage PP .... come on Dan this is a Rolex forum for G-d's sake.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote