View Single Post
Old 20 December 2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Paladin
"TRF" Member

Michael Young bracelet restoration update

There has been a lot of chatter of late in TRF regarding this vendor and his services and I wanted to post a brief update...

Despite some TRF members issues with Michael Young(MY), I sent him a well stretched 14k/SS jubilee bracelet off a 1675/3 I acquired over the summer. While the recent reports on Mr. Young were " less than glowing" the bracelet was only worth scrap to me so I figured I did not have much to loose and, given how few people can/do tighten Rolex bracelets, I had a lot to gain if Mr. Young came through.

I packaged and sent the bracelet off per his instructions USPS registered and insured to the address in Hong Kong given me via e mail by MY. The package was sent from USA on 03 NOV 2011 and delivered in Hong kong on 15 NOV 2011 according to USPS tracking.

MY never sent me any advice of receipt of the bracelet. I sent an Email to him on 30 NOV 2011 inquiring as to his receipt of the bracelet and got no response back.

Yesterday I received an Email from MY indicating that bracelet was done and ready for shipping back to me. I paid him via paypal per his request today. Stared shipping coast was $28 back to me here in USA.

I will report on this thread if/when the bracelet arrives and it's condition and the quality of the work.