View Single Post
Old 9 February 2013, 06:33 AM   #123
RIPLEYXL9

Watch: 16618 18ct Yellow
Hi Michael
I have a 10 year old 16618 18 ct Gold Submariner Oyster , my second watch and the links are very very good - but I must confess I really "save it" for more special occaisions. Specifically as I was told it was many £1,000's to refurbish and generally cheaper to buy a new bracrlet then repair!
Having just had major heart surgery I'm now thinking, sod it! wear it and enjoy it! - you can't take it with you! How much is a refurbishment ?
Reason I ask is its up for replacement by a 116618 Sub 18 ct. Are these a similar price to refurbiish?
NB both would be 'caught' well before they got sloppy.

I ask now, because one of the reasons for selling it at 10 years old (probably six were spent in the safe) was to avoid the cost of a bracelet refurbishement, which I think they said 8 years ago was over £5K! :(
My logic being, spend the refurb cost on an upgrade which being new will have no wear.

But your costs seem so reasonable and impressive, kinda negates my thoughts on this current investment plan - but in any eventI have decided to wear and enjoy on a daily basis! from now on.

For future ref
RIPLEYXL9 is offline   Reply With Quote