View Single Post
Old 19 January 2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Icon7 ...maybe beyond even WIS-logic... [217 Incoming]

Did I say incoming? Make that landed

The reasoning behind my selection of this one goes beyond logic, maybe beyond even WIS-logic and into the realms of that small (and at times short-sighted) group, Il Paneristi. In my feeble defense, I made the mistake of accepting an invitation to Firenze not to long ago and the temptation got the best of me...

Four numerals, small seconds and last but certainly not least, the Marina Militare label...

c/o Ralf und Volker

... I'd never buy such a watch w/o seeing it in person so it was fate when my favorite local grey dealer pulled it out to show me. Only one owner, originating from an Austrian AD (I curr. reside in Vienna), properly used, but not abused; my dealer decided not to do anything to it so that the buyer could decide. Considering it's not "vintage" per say, I'm going to have him send it in to OP for a full service and (minimal) surface polish.

My two PAMs will pretty much keep me satisfied for a long time to come*...

big and clean vs. complications-rich...

Devil's in the details... just look at the differences in the numerals, the "6" for example - too cool.

Unitas 6497 - industry workhorse...

First OP In-house movement...

*... unless OP releases a SE 1940-case Egiziano piccolo - but even if they do, it will be unobtanium anyway!
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote