View Single Post
Old 1 July 2020, 12:45 AM   #96
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I was using this as "your logic"

Good answer though, as you know from previous threads, I have been shielding because of certain conditions, because of them, Supermarkets give me priority slots for home delivery, I was on the medical list for shielding so my name was given to them.

In a way, your answer could say that it is containable, you got it and gave it to your wife, but you never gave it to those in your office, simply because you were so diligently following the protocols. I am of the opinion that you were just unlucky, perhaps picking up something in the supermarket that had just been touched previously by someone positive.

I am glad it went well for you, it seems to badly effect even the most fittest of people at random. Have you both fully recovered?

My opinion on this virus is changing almost weekly. I am at the point now where I would let those that are at the highest risk shield, those with lesser risk should go to work but keep the same protocols as you did. I must admit that I didn't retire just to sit in my house for the rest of my life.

I am wise enough to know that truth is based on perspective. And, please know, that I respect yours. I also appreciate your tone and the spirit of discussion.

FWIW, I encourage my folks to stay home. And both myself and my mother chastise my father when he wants to go out amongst others.

My "logic" follows a pattern. At least to my perspective it follows a pattern. Even in NY and NJ right now the numbers are at the lowest they have been. People are not following protocols.

My theory is that these people have already had some exposure and built up some immunity. Yes, some people that have exposure get sick. Some perish. That is clear and it is awful.

If the people in my office were exposed to me, while I was positive, it stands to reason that they, in some way shape or form, built some kind of resistance to it without actually getting it.

And while I am no doctor, I am under the impression that people are exposed to germs all the time. That does not mean they always get sick. The vast majority of exposures result in the immune system fighting it off and getting stronger in the process.

There are many stories of households where one person gets sick and no one else does. To me, it feels as though those people that were exposed and their immune system fought it off. Their immune system got stronger in the process.

Right now, NY and NJ have "good" indications that the numbers are going down. People are out and about. Yet the local "leaders" are slowing the reopening. Restaurants were supposed to reopen for inside business. That was stopped.

Our leadership is not learning from past mistakes. They continue to repeat them over and over.

I agree with you completely. Those at high risk should get special treatment. Those not at high risk should be working towards rebuilding. This should be measured completely to find balanced solutions. Instead it is politics and shotgun decisions.

This virus is horrible. It is not the first and it is not the last. But from what I can see, resistance to it is building. If we have a resurgence in NY and NJ, then I am wrong. But logically speaking, if we don't, I don't see how I am wrong.

I hope I am communicating my thoughts properly. And again, I appreciate the discussion.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)