Thread: Covid scare..
View Single Post
Old 1 July 2020, 05:59 AM   #107
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Jeez, reading this the virus won’t have to kill me, I’m going to go hang myself.

And no, it won’t be the new Normal. Well, I guess it depends on your time frame. If you are talking a year, I agree, two? yeah maybe, but SOMETIME in the future all this will be a very bad memory; with or without a vaccine. I Present as my evidence the plagues in Medieval times and Spanish flu 100 years ago. There was no modern medicine or vaccines then, and eventually humans developed an immunity, or anti-bodies, or whatever, but life went back to normal. I am not at all a Doctor and don’t claim medical knowledge but am pointing out history (I think that is what is referred to as Herd(?) SOMEDAY this will be nothing more then terrible times, I WISH THAT DAY WOULD HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!
Actually my post was meant to be optimistic in that this virus NOT the killer it was initially made out to be and as such should be treated similar to other viruses we have to deal with in this world. That is what I meant about the new normal. Normal in that we need to end all this social distancing, masks etc. sooner rather than later...