View Single Post
Old 3 December 2019, 09:12 PM   #178
964RS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Something vintage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
Yes , exactly , I flew in , had a discussion with them where they said they’d like to examine it ... I left ... several weeks later they contacted me with their thoughts . Not what you’d expect if they never made any blue bezels ... that conversation would have taken 2 seconds .several weeks after that I flew in and collected it again ( and took in another watch )

2 ... think you are losing something in the English ... they decided after several weeks of examining it that it was not authentic and they decided a new Pepsi should be fitted instead .
The thing is Jed they know you very well and the rare pieces you have so were probably being prudent wanting to check thoroughly anyway - there's been a number of mistakes where they haven't at RSCs so Geneva seem to be very cautious these days.

Did you not ask them when you took the blue one in IF they ever made other blue ones, rather than presuming that's why they checked it? Is it possible to check with the same people now who confirmed it was fake if there are others that are not and when/where/how they were made? You have good connections to ask....