View Single Post
Old 21 February 2010, 09:30 PM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis7777 View Post
I think the top ten should be some Vacheron Constantin, Patek Phillipe etc pieces of art! The rest are just simple (compared to high end grand complication watches) yet robust and reliable movements! Of course, with prices from 50k up to over a million, watches with grand complication movements are not for everyone!! Just my opinion and understanding!
While I would agree Patek make some very fine movements with a lot of complications.And yes they are very expensive and need quite a bit of expensive service to keep them in top form. But even Patek Philippe never made their own movements till the middle 1930s.And they still use a Lemania made Cal 2310 ebauche as a base, for some of there two register m/wind chronographs but they are highly modded by Patek.So what defines best today while there are many movements and brands like Patek,JLC,AP.and VC they are certainly the most expensive today and yes all fine movements.But better thats down to opinion IMHO as a movement you will have to go a long way to better the cal 3135 .But brands like Seiko with the Seiko Grand IMHO can equal the best of the Swiss in watches with say just a date complication.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote