View Single Post
Old 8 May 2020, 08:54 PM   #12
mackychase
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hmm..
Awesome review. Great photos.

Finally in early 2019, I purchased the 2012 Matte Black dial 116400GV from a grey dealer here in Manila.

For most of my professional young adult life, I only wore Seikos and G-Shocks on my wrist. However, the crown has always been dear to me as it is a beloved brand by both of my parents.

I was heavily into streetwear and sneakers then in the early 2000s and I was following a street culture e-zine back then. I saw an announcement for the Milgauss back in 2007 and it was the first time a watch really wowed me out of my seat.

I had been drooling over it since then.

Throughout that time, however, I skipped on getting a watch in spite of its wide availability in local ADs and instead went on to invest in a property that I could rent out.

Finally, in the summer of 2017 I got a hefty bonus from one of my biggest clients and I was finally on a real hunt for my first "real watch" then lo and behold, it was the time I found out about the 'Rolex bubble' thus, only a TT DJ41 was available in the AD. Still bought it, though.

In 2019, I found a local grey dealer selling the exact spec, full set, complete service history 2012 116400GV for a price I was willing to pay.

I bought it in a heartbeat.

Regardless of what anyone says, check my sig.