Thread: Hublot vs Rolex
View Single Post
Old 26 January 2020, 07:07 AM   #30
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasper View Post
What you have written above and the recognition Hublot currently gets would make me quite happy in the knowledge of owning a Rolex and not the latest "in watch" as worn by footballers and others.

I remember the football casuals virtually destroying the Burberry brand for a long time something that's took ages and I'm sure a great deal of expense to recover from. This could easily happen again if not already with the overly exposed and often discounted Hublot. Remember Omega went down this route too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily trends come and go, such as the chavs no longer wearing Burberry. Hublot is not longer in the public eye either, I personally think it peaked around 3yrs ago. Soon will be a distant memory.

Look at Rolex now. No discount, no stock, premium at grey. This would not have been seen coming 10years ago. But that's fashion and trends. Rolex has always been a stable brand, I learnt this early from my Chinese roots, but the craze at the moment won't last for ever... I remember getting my first Rolex in 2000, DJ Oyster with black dial. 20% off too!

Luckily for me, I'm a savvy shopper and know market values. At the time of buying my Hublot, I got 30% off UK list. All my Rolex are from AD at list. Procurement of a watch is a first world problem and I will never pay premium for a current release model of any brand. If it's meant to be, it will be.