View Single Post
Old 6 March 2023, 03:46 PM   #449
dnr21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLiWORKS View Post
Hmmm yah based on the photo I think I may know what we ran into with that gap. From my recollection (not the best) the band landed in the 90% region overall.

During assembly replace the old knurl pins with new ones. This is usually enough to lessen the gaps. Sometimes the links themselves have material loss so the replacing pins isn't enough. From there we have to step it up by adding a sleeve (tube) that go around the pins which add additional girth thus closing the gap. Rolex uses something similar on two tone Oyster bands (but for a different reason). We take it one step further with multiple thicknesses.

But somethings the thinnest sleeve is too much and makes the link feel stiff. The gap closes too much and the links rub. It forces us to back off. We assemble the bracelet one link at a time so we also decide these thing one link at a time. We really aim for the best possible result for each link without losing the original feel.

We've been considering have an oblong shape pin that can be rotated so we have a variable adjustment. It's a thought. There are some manufacturing challenges that we would need to work through.
First, Kudos to the knowledge shared and great work done on the bracelets.

I have question on the sleeve/tube. Does Rolex gold/two t9ne solid end links Gold/two tone have them by default?

If to tighten the bands/bracelets, will it means usually in common case Scenarios to change both pins or sleeves?

Thank you.
dnr21 is offline   Reply With Quote