View Single Post
Old 21 July 2020, 12:56 AM   #96
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
Adventures with RSC, volume 14,392 or wherever we're at...

So I finally got my 14060 back from RSC a couple weeks ago. So apparently, these inserts are bit more rare than people may think. RSC was only able to source ONE insert. With the other "F4" inserts, they had several and sent the two best ones they had. Since that wasn't the case with the 14060 "F4", I had no choice but to take this insert.

It's not bad but there are a few rub marks. The marks are visible at certain angles. They're in-between the 40 and 50 marker and there's one around the 10 marker. They look like rub went through the black anodizing a little bit so they look like dark gray "streaks" at certain angles and certain lighting (more visible in sunlight). Not sure how these scuffs came to be but it doesn't look like normal wear.

There also various micro scratches and dents all over but only visible if you use a loupe. I would definitely have preferred my original insert over this one.

RSC did me a favor and added a nice 3/8" long scratch on the crystal. They did me an additional "favor" by adding a scrape like dent on the inner edge of the bezel itself (you can see it from about the 43 minute to 45 minute marker).
I'm going to contact RSC yet again and see if I can get these issues resolved.
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote