View Single Post
Old 15 September 2020, 06:43 AM   #108
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bncapass1 View Post
On a similar note, does anyone know what the cost is of a Pepsi insert for a 16700 from RSC ? When I bought mine used, the previous owner installed a Coke insert which is not correct for the 16700. Is the procedure to bring it to an AD and they ship it to a RSC? I'm assuming the shipping and insurance costs are also involved. Also, could there be any issues with the Coke insert where RSC will refuse to install?
The cost quoted to me for the 14060 (the insert I DIDN'T want to change) was $48.00 plus tax. I would imagine the GMT insert is probably the same or not much more.

Personally, I would buy one of those junk inserts on Amazon (in any color) and take it into RSC and ask them to install the correct insert for that reference/serial. That way you can keep the Coke and RSC will install the correct one. It might be a little more since I think the $48 price is with a core trade in but you can probably sell the Coke separately for more than the core exchange price.

It's sad that you have to go these lengths for RSC to just allow you to keep YOUR parts.