View Single Post
Old 23 July 2016, 01:42 AM   #3
marcusjcw21
Banned

Watch: Rolex 2 tone 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Is Emma a man or woman? Is it possible the acct. was hijacked?
Emma is usually a woman's name of course. Not unusual for scammers to put a business in the name of a new girlfriend or wife.

If OP did a wire transfer, then the bank has done its due diligence on the person who opened the account. If they were legit and went to the dark side, law enforcement can help... if the account were opened in a real person's name.

Could be that the guy opened the business in girlfriend's name, they broke up, he still has the business and went to the dark side. When the cops or FBI contact her, she will be glad to help.

Or it could be identity theft. But if she used her photo on the fake id used to open the account, then they can run it through the database. I know that I read that the Nevada DMV for instance has software that has allowed them to catch people who have multiple Nevada IDs or are attempting to get a new Nevada ID/Driver's License due to facial recognition. You can bet that the FBI has some good facial recognition software. I hope it turns out well for you.

If the person gets caught, the person will have to pay restitution upon any plea bargain or conviction or they will face probation revocation. I believe that if you contact the FBI and local law enforcement where they are located, you will get your money back... maybe slowly in the form of restitution checks from the state, but that's better than nothing.
marcusjcw21 is offline   Reply With Quote