View Single Post
Old 27 February 2020, 02:41 AM   #1
SpicyMikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller 326933
Disappointed with my new watches Lume

This is my first Rolex but it's certainly not my first nice watch. Overtime the luminescent material certainly loses its punch, but they usually work great in the early few years.

Not the case with my new SkyDweller. I see that the newer Rolex's use a material that is not radioactive and needs to be "charged" with light first in order for them to work. That's fine. But the glow from my watch, even after being in a bright room, is almost useless unless you are maybe in pitch black closet. Even then, it's dim. Sure if I hit it directly with a flash light for 30 seconds it definitely glows green even in a low light room. But that glow fades in about a minute. Basically useless in any practical sense.

So here's the question for those with more experience with this newer "Superluminova" material. Are my expectations too high with this material? Does it simply not perform upto the older materials from the past or could there be something wrong with my particular watch? As always, thanks in advance for thoughts and insights.
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote