View Single Post
Old 24 October 2018, 02:26 AM   #5
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I have yet to buy an Apple Watch but I am starting to see the appeal now that they no longer need to be tethered to your phone. The Apple Watch can now make and receive calls without your phone, you can stream music and podcasts without your phone, etc. I am looking for ways to spend less time with my phone so to speak and this helps in that process. The health aspects keeping track of my workouts, etc. are a bonus. Since I do not have one I do not know for sure, but I assume there is a mechanism to control what you share and what you do not share with apple so that they do not have access to your personal health info. I could be wrong, but I think that is where things are heading -- giving consumers more control over their data.
Completely agree. Right or wrong, I believe there is an appeal to having information at our fingertips, so to speak. How many steps did I take today, how many flights of stairs did I climb, how many hours did I sleep, what is my pulse rate etc. I am a confessed geek, and admit this is an attractive scenerio. Do I actually USE it? No, probably not, but with more and more information available to us, we feel empowered, and I think you are right about where watches are going.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote