View Single Post
Old 24 July 2019, 01:25 AM   #28
Takonwong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
What are your thoughts when comparing the Speedmaster vs. a Rolex Sub /GMT? Do you gravitate more towards one or the other? Do they hold equal status in your collection, or if you HAD to ditch one, which would it be?

If you do answer, please take away the historical context of the moonwatch; I'm more looking at your thoughts on the piece itself, not the history associated with the watch.

I currently have a 16710 and a Hulk, along with a DD40, and I'm looking at possibly adding the Speedmaster, either FOIS or the moonwatch (after all these years of hate!). I just want to make sure that I'm not buying something that will just sit in the case when compared to the Rolexes.
I was in the same situation as you, didn't hate but couldn't understand the moonwatch. Having bought a different manual wind watch I came round to the idea of manual wind and added a FOIS a couple of weeks ago. It's very versatile for day to day and relatively low key compared to the Subs I own I have found myself wearing it more often than not. Don't think I would ditch either of them though, different occasions, different choices.
Takonwong is offline   Reply With Quote