View Single Post
Old 23 September 2022, 06:36 PM   #103
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
I own two Grand Seiko watches - the SBGA407 (skyflake) and the SBGJ259 (green bamboo). My current Rolex collection consists of a SkyDweller (326933), DayDate (118238), and Explorer II (16570). I've previously owned multiple other Rolex watches.

Rolex feels sturdier and heftier than Grand Seiko. As I like a "beefier" watch, I do enjoy wearing my Rolex watches more than my Grand Seikos.

But, when I wear my Grand Seikos, I can sometimes get lost staring at the dials, hands, and indices. I actually take photos of my GS in different lighting and conditions to see how different the dials look on them under different conditions. As others have said, the depth, detail, and finishing are far above anything with my Rolex.

You referenced specifically a Rolex OP. Given the choice between most any GS and an OP, I'd inevitably choose the GS all day.

And, as you mentioned, you can actually buy a GS. You can go into a Grand Seiko boutique, and be treated as a valued customer while a Rolex boutique will basically sneer at you and tell you to get lost.

GS has a rightful place in most any collection. I have no regrets on mine.
Nice pair of GS... health to enjoy!