View Single Post
Old 6 November 2019, 03:36 AM   #71
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Isn't that the whole point and framework of this, or any, internet forum? I get what you're saying in terms of definitively resolving a question or concern by sending it of to RSC, if one chooses. But short of that, I can't see the harm is seeking some insight and advice on a forum like this. I mean, you, yourself, offered some great advice! How would he even know sending it RSC was a valid option without first reaching out by starting a thread here and getting a reply like yours?

And, to be fair, some of these "strangers" know a hell of a lot about they're talking about.
Agree with what your saying. But, assuming this is a legitimate post (he really did get it from a relative and is just looking for insight as to what he has), well-intended internet comments will only go so far.

Disclaimer: when I came into my 1979 18038 DD this year, I took it to RSC NY. They worked up an estimate and told me everything about the watch: service issues; aftermarket parts, costs, recommended service items, real parts that couldn’t be serviced, everything I wanted to know. My one and only thread details this experience. But, yes, for me that approach was best for me.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote