View Single Post
Old 22 April 2016, 03:54 PM   #40
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Thank you guys for all your comments and suggestions.

I have to agree about the 5711 being more true to the Nautilus roots. But, as I've explained above, I'm afraid of my collection becoming too boring if I keep piling up of 2/3-hand '70s design steel watches. Ingenieur, Royal Oak and Seventies Panorama Date would already be 3 of the same thing (well... I know, they aren't that similar, but still). And I'd like to have Patek stand out in my collection by having such a complication that none others have. AFAIK not many manufacturers make chrono the way it's done in the 5980 and 5990, and I haven't yet seen any other watch combining chrono with travel time like the 5990. As much as I respect the 3700 and 5711, I find the more complicated Nautilus versions more interesting. Even when they're not that true to their origins (like with the ears of 5990). BTW, even the 5711 is not as pure as it should be: it really should lose the seconds hand ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
You're forgetting the best one... brown dials.
Quite frankly, I don't think I'm ready for a RG or YG watch. I live in a country where in most places it's not appropriate to wear a gold watch that can be identified as a gold watch. In certain countries certain stigmas are stuck to gold watches :) A 5711P or a hypothetical 5980P would be a completely different story, but it can only be a long-term goal for me.