View Single Post
Old 15 March 2020, 08:24 PM   #2070
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
They are also going ask those on the "at risk" list to self isolate, I am on that list, I have a seriously compromised immune system, COPD and heart problems. I am 62 and as far as possible will self isolate for that length of time, my wife will work from home. What is the alternative? The risk of death by catching this virus, for me is, is very real. I live in the country and am retired so will take walks in the countryside, my wife will do the shopping at off peak times. To carry on as normal would be foolish.

I see those from the media are saying it is a big ask, I dont hear them coming up with an alternative. The media are just trying to generate viewing figures by continuously criticising. Just watching Sophie Ridge and her colleagues on Sky, whinging and whining but not coming up with anything useful. Rather than peddle news, it seems to me that they spend their time trying to embarrass politicians and ultimately force them out of a job.

What was said by the Health Minister in regards to self isolation for the old and infirm was "it will happen, but not yet, starting too soon would be too difficult to sustain." I don't know what is so difficult for her to understand about that? If there is an alternative view to "shielding the old and firm" it should be aired.
Good commentary... Stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk