Old 13 December 2017, 10:04 AM   #58
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm View Post
my views are not extreme,

legalising a highly dangerous drug is extreme,

I am just promoting what until recent years, was the moderate status quo,

I see both sides, pro legalisation, sees one side, the legal 'right' to get high.
I'd have to question your 'dangerous' labeling of marijuana. As aforementioned by others, marijuana is far safer than ethyl alcohol and the countless/questionable pharmaceuticals being prescribed and dispensed (read the warning labels). The 'danger' of marijuana (if any) arises from its irresponsible usage and the emergence of crime when prohibition is in place.

The 'legal right to get high' is no different than enjoying any other recreational outlet providing you are not making it someone else's problem.

Personally speaking, I find folks who enjoy a toke far more enjoyable company than those who prefer to drink heavily.

The only issue I have with this thread topic is the crass commercialization of marijuana. Those gifted with a 'green thumb' will now be able to grow their own and share their harvest with friends. It's no different than home brewers and winemakers (or your favorite aunt/grandmother putting up preserves from the garden).
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote