View Single Post
Old 13 April 2017, 09:29 PM   #186
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffes4closers View Post
My list here is unfortunately quite long...

All omegas feel insignificant on the wrist and/or low end
Daytonas feel small and too light, except for the platona
Sub no date - never "got it"
42mm explorer II... feels unbalanced to me. Oddly enough though, my 41mm DJ2 is perfect on the wrist.
Tudor pelagos - too plain and no "pop"
Totally agree with your comments on omega. I tried to like them and owned two but end up flipping both after a few weeks. First was a speedy moon - hand winding felt like the gears were full of sand. Rolex was butter smooth, and I had better winding experience on some Seiko autos. Good looking watch though and that's about it.

Next was a PO chrono. For a 4-5k watch you would expect a solid build. But no - rotating bezel is a piece of sh*t and the whole thing is wonky. I thought it was broken but after a bit of research this happens quite a bit and is apparently normal. When you screw in the screw down crown you are actually still winding the movement- doesn't happen on a Rolex.

Oh and the orange paint on the second hand faded to white color after just 2 years (apparently normal too).

Omegas sure do look great on magazine covers, and they should just stay there away from my wrist.

Many people tried to have Rolex vs omega comparison . Imho There is no contest to begin with.
chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote