View Single Post
Old 28 October 2022, 01:47 PM   #33
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Panera i makes some really cool watches. Whatever you wear is going to be irrelevant to some. If you wear a SS sub, it’s irrelevant to guys collecting Patek and RM. i never buy watches because they are relevant. The service I’ve received the few times I’ve been into a Panerai boutique is fantastic.
Exactly, buy what's relevant to you.

I've got a nice, but pretty modest collection with Rolex, Panerai, AP, Sinn plus a Vacheron on order; but to be completely honest, my favorite of all of them is my PAM89. It's almost the cheapest of the group, not the nicest movement (ETA) and definitely missing "hype" or "relevancy", but it would be the last one I'd part with.

As far as wrist time, it comes & goes, but overall, it's my favorite. Critics & others be damned; I don't wear it to please or impress anyone but myself. An acquaintance (friend of my best friend) spells million with a B and all he wears are Panerais. When I first met him he was wearing a Bronzo, another time, a carbotech; I asked him about them, he knew the model number & was actually knowledgeable about Panerais and had been collecting them (and straps!) for 20 years. He isn't a flashy guy at all & simply buys and wears what he likes.

Bottom line, make yourself happy. Buy whatever you like, with the expectation it's worthless once you've paid for it and the only "value" is how it makes you feel. That's the watch to buy.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote