View Single Post
Old 1 December 2022, 01:13 AM   #17
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHG View Post
Just a question in regards to the application since it seems like it's decided by Patek rather than the AD, if I'm understanding correctly. Does a vintage purchase count the same way a new purchase does, assuming it's registered with Patek. In many ways (I know I'm generalizing and there are many exceptions), the buyer for the enamel WT may differ from the Nautilus buyer. He may appreciate more traditional styles and own vintage pieces that obviously didn't benefit the bottom end for the AD.
There has been different information about who ultimately decides on allocating the enamel dial WT to the client. The process may be different in the EU vs North America vs Asia vs Middle East.

Generally for an "application" piece, an AD will submit a client's name, some personal info and list of currently owned Patek watches to either Geneva or to the regional Patek HQ (e.g. HSWA in NYC for US clients). Then if the application is approved, it will be a waiting game as to when the AD will receive the watch.

I believe they will consider your entire Patek collection and not just the recent purchases from the AD, as long as you register your watches with Patek and you are still listed as the current owner.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote