Thread: Anthony Farrer
View Single Post
Old 19 November 2023, 04:32 AM   #488
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
YES! I can't tell you the number of new watch guys who've tried to school me on collecting and trading watches over the past few years. And, they acquired their "knowledge" from these watch bros on YouTube and social media. Guys with no passion for watches, but who think they're going to get rich by buying and selling a couple of watches.
(agreeing with you big time while rolling my eyes) OMG, have been an enthusiast for 30-ish years, still MUCH to learn!!! Horology is like going down a proverbial Rabbit Hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Reminds me of Smugglers Blues. Like an episode of Miami Vice. Living the high life.

"It's the lure of easy money,
It's gotta very strong appeal."
To be fair, it WAS easy money, and that was a MAJOR headache for ADs. Yes like many longtimers, at first it seemed totally weird. Like WTF weeeeeird. Then came the 'New Norm', with easy flipping and empty AD displays.... you know how this ends.

I look fwd to things going back to normal. You know, the way it was, when it was for love, passion, and desire.

(deeeeep sigh, small shrug) Maybe I'm just an ol' romantic.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote