View Single Post
Old 20 May 2011, 08:46 AM   #12
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
Quote:
Originally Posted by watch watcher View Post
Well then, if ceritified techs are allowed to work in the wild (not at an AD), then why send the watch for an expensive "official" service at Rolex rather than a local mom & pop watch shop which happens to have a Rolex tech employed there and save a ton of money in the process?
My guess is that if someone spent 12 months of their life going through this training, they are not going to sell theirselves short by charging substantially less than RSC. If someone finds a watch maker at substantially less rates than RSC, then they are probably not certified. This doesn't mean they are not qualified, but you asked about certification.

I have only used 2 watch makers in my life; Bob Ridley who is not less expensive than RSC, but his experience and quality speaks for itself and another watch maker in Menlo Park, CA who was always more expensive than RSC and as far as I know, not Rolex "Certified", but was on caliber with Bob Ridley.

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote