Thread: New PAM :-)
View Single Post
Old 4 October 2018, 10:31 PM   #19
REXMTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date - PAM673
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is shared and understood. I have had my 673 for about a month, and it has become my most treasured piece. As you know, it is the small details which set it apart. I recently took it away on a trip for 10 days, and it was the only watch I had with me. I truly bonded with it during that time.

The "Special" in this Special Edition really rings true with me. I hope you continue to enjoy it this much. Welcome to Panerai. It is great to see another enthusiast.

I have not yet decided on another strap. In the meantime I thoroughly enjoy the excellent Ponte Vecchio that comes with the 673. Part of me wants to get another strap, or perhaps a few. On the other hand, it will be nice to see the Ponte Vecchio gain some patina as it ages.

Cheers
Carl
Hey Carl, thanks so much! I couldn't agree more about the special nature of this piece. It's the 4th Panerai I've had but 1st SE and I'm so thrilled that I've been able to get it. It's a keeper!

The strap is gorgeous and yes, it should patina REALLY nicely over time. looking at the ASSOLUTAMENTE straps now actually - I saw a few of them while visiting the Palm Beach boutique and they just work with this piece (and the 372/422) .. I have nothing against aftermarket but there's nothing quite like the OEM straps IMHO - glad that Panerai is focusing more in that area and Pontroué seems to want to continue to do so
PAM 673
REXMTL is offline   Reply With Quote