View Single Post
Old 20 September 2020, 11:33 AM   #58
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Called my local OB in Feb and asked about the watch. They told me they would reach out to me when they opened the wait list. My SA at the OB emailed me this Wednesday and said that the list had been open sense last Saturday and she didn't reach out to let me know because she was out of town. I was a bit annoyed but what can I do. She emailed me my receipt for the 5K deposit and told me I was #30. I called in again today (Saturday 9/19) to see if the manager know anymore info. I asked what number they were at and he said #35. I thought this was odd as the number had only grown by 5. He said that I had moved up to #22 due to purchase history. My only history was buying Seamaster 300 in 2010 from a OB that has now become a Tourbillion Boutique. Crazy that that bumped me up and I have never even visited that OB but I didn't bring that up obviously. He also said that they ave several VIPs who get put on the list without even having to ask. Anyway, the manager told me he expects 800 or so to get to the US OBs (didn't know about ADs). He said there are 28 OBs so an average of 28 per location but the larger ones would get a bigger share. Beyond that he knew nothing that's not in the rumor mill. Anybody else know what number they are in line?

One more interesting thing, the manager said he got 3 of his VIPs the previous Snoopy Apollo 13 (that trades around 30-40K) in late 2018 two years after it was sold out. Apparently Omega had a few sitting around that did not sell in other parts of the world. Can you imagine you Rolex AD calling you at the end of next year and telling you he as a new old stock Hulk for you at retail. Add to that this this "Hulk" was only sold for 10 months before being sold out. Thought that was cool.