View Single Post
Old 26 February 2012, 11:15 PM   #3
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Post 3 - Originally by Jedly1
I was never sure why that article citing bonds watch as an explorer just ignored the 'live and let die watch 'from a decade earlier, other than trying to argue it wasn't his personal watch and was merely issued equipment .. ehh ??? was the aston his ? or the lotus ??..

And can anyone tell me If the on her majesty book actually says it's an explorer ??, it doesnt, it just makes reference to big numerals which the author of the article takes to mean the the explorer.

the explorer is hardly a heavy oyster and wasn't overly supplied on expanding, it could equally be a 6200 369 or the just released in 1962/3 5512/3 with 369 dial, or imho equally possible, fleming was aware of the actual watches used by the royal navy divers and special forces through that period.. in 1962 it would have been a big crown sub or a 5512 millitary submariner fitted with a reprinted dial made by the burford dial company for the MOD, the 369 milsub...

jed1.jpg
jed2.jpg

there is no doubt what Flemings watch was but I stick with a sub.for bond. and yes I own a gilt exp1)

Last edited by Welshwatchman; 28 February 2012 at 01:16 AM..
jedly1 is offline   Reply With Quote