Thread: Omega 300M GMT
View Single Post
Old 28 November 2007, 09:43 AM   #29
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
That black dial looks absolutely stunning.

Just a pity that OMEGA don't use white gold for their hands and markers.

JJ
The hands are made of a white (silver) metal material. It looks every bit as shiny as any pair of Rolex hands I've ever seen.
The hands are black on the white face model obviously for contrast reasons with the dial much the same way as the white dial ExplorerII emulated that look .
The dial is made like the way Rolex used to make their tool watch dials, that is of course before Rolex went bling bling with their white gold hour marker cabochons. Take a look at all the classics 1680, 1665, 1675 etc.
On all the current Rolex I would prefer to see the white gold hour markers dropped and that substituted with a larger (equal size to the white hold surrounds) lume provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
Funny, that's the one thing I thought was missing from an otherwise good looking watch.
If you look at the date window, you can see a white locating frame. This makes it very easy to see the date. Then notice how the date is printed in white on a black background, again a feature not seen on Rolex. The Omega GMT date is much more readily readable in comparison to a Rolex without the cyclops so I guess that's why Rolex has a cyclops and Omega doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
So how long is the battery good for, Steve?
Thanks Ed, I can well understand due to the quality and engineering of the Omega GMT that you might have mistaken it for that of quartz performance. It is always good to get kind words from another when one gets a new timepiece
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote