View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 05:52 AM   #9
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklink View Post

So what do you think? Is my fiancée right?
Is she right? No, but she's not wrong either. It's her opinion, and while I don't agree with her I see why she might feel that way.

I think the common perception of how a luxury watch should look is that similar to a Daydate, Cellini, or Patek dress watch on strap. I can see why the colorful ceramic bezel could make the watch look "toy-ish".

This is just another example of non-WIS person's perspective. Again, while I don't agree with her, I like hearing these stories, cause it reminds me that most people don't scrutinize watches the way we do.

While we post polls, blue of a BLNR vs the blue of a BLRO, or Jubilee vs president bracelet, most people don't know the difference or care.

I put my speedy tuesday on a leather strap the other night and my wife thought it was the greatest thing she'd ever seen. She said it was my most sophisticated watch lol. Again, she's not wrong necessarily, but on a vintage rather distressed looking leather strap, it's the last watch in my collection i would have called sophisticated.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote