View Single Post
Old 23 October 2018, 12:02 AM   #58
M4cca
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
Don't bother with this company.

If you need to make a claim they will give you vouchers instead of cash, that you can only use in jewellery stores!!
Can confirm this is the case as I am in the process of claiming for a 116610LN SS SubC Date that was stolen from me in a street mugging back in August.

Lots of back and forth with them, had to take a day off work to host an interview with a loss-adjuster at my house. Even once liability accepted and they asked me if I wanted replacement or cash. Happy for replacement but not happy with their lead time, or the risk of a firm going under rendering my 'voucher' useless, I opted for cash.

Next issue was a junior claims handler didn't have authorisation to settle 'such a large claim' £6,250, not that large IMO. Now the RRP has gone up I've told them they need to increase the settlement inline with replacement costs. They firstly agreed and now refused. Their next trick is to demand payment of the full annual premium as I was paying monthly. I have agreed to this, though I'm not sure if I should - does anyone have any thoughts on that? I don't plan to stay with them once settlement has been made. 3+ months and counting to agree on a settlement is not acceptable in my opinion.
M4cca is offline   Reply With Quote